The Communication Style – Assertiveness Questionnaire (LIFE) tracks the four fundamental areas of using assertiveness when solving either standard or demanding communication scenarios:
- Adequate self-assertion
- The ability to stand by one‘s decisions or opinions and avoid manipulation
- The ability to give and receive feedback
- The art of establishing and developing social relations
The theoretical basis behind this questionnaire is the modern concept of assertiveness. The questionnaire is intended as a diagnostic tool for positions that emphasize dealing with others (such as giving feedback, negotiating with suppliers, dealing with clients, complaint settlements, and project managing) and for the consultancy area.
The output of the questionnaire includes:
- A statement of the person’s degree of assertiveness
- A chart of the overall degree of assertiveness
- A chart of the degree of assertiveness in various areas of communication
In addition, there is a text which includes an interpretation of the general profile and an overview of advantages and recommendations. It is based on two control scales, including a check of aggressive tendencies, i.e., the assertion of oneself at the expense of others.
You can also get a team output of this questionnaire for free.